some tips for the travelers:
1. upon arrival at the airport, u can get public taxi-meter to go to the bangkok city. so no need to pay extra for airport limo/transfer. its should be around 400-500baht
long q in the immigration
diorang yg pakai uniform ni actually driver taxi tapi pakai motor, murah la sket tambang ;P
3. in the city, before u get into the taxi or tuk-tuk, better deal the fare first because most of the taxi drivers don't use meter & tuk-tuk should not more than 200baht per trip. but be careful if they offer u with low fare, ada udang disebalik batu tu normally they will bring u to the other places first like jewellery/souvenir shops etc (they will get tips from the shop owners)
4. or u can get into their BTS train or MRT. even cheaper!
iman kena kuat especially for guys, "the girls" and "pretty boys" are almost everywhere. the pimps/bouncers will simply approach u to offer the services, even they themselves will approach u.
6. in patpong night market, u can clearly see the pole girls dancing
(sure terlena lah), of cos tomyam (no need to tell la), sticky rice with mango (suuuuwitttttttt), tailor made suits/shirts (1 day boleh siap) among other things...
8. market or bazaar at Chatuchak, Patpong, Pratunam. cheap2 especially home decor, souvenir, clothing etc. bargain skills kena tahap tertinggi with no mercy ;)
9. halal meals/foods - mostly have 1 or 2 shops at their mall food courts like at Platinum, MBK etc. and of cos at Arab Street, Sukhumvit.
10. tax refund for tourist. but only at the shops with "VAT Refund". 7% of the total u spend.
these only the things i can recall. of cos the list should be longer but can't cover all in 4 days. overall bangkok is exotic place with a lot of things to explore! should go & check it out yourself ;)
p/s: i asked my wife "can i go here again alone or with my frens?" well i think u can guess what her answer. apa tak nya, berdua dgn dia pun ade jugak nak goda2 aku :P
she covered all the details in her blog.